Histomat: Adventures in Historical Materialism

'Historical materialism is the theory of the proletarian revolution.' Georg Lukács

Saturday, September 10, 2005

New feature: Dead King Watch


"Hail to the King"


I have decided to introduce another new feature for Histomat - 'Dead King Watch'.

I know what you are thinking. 'This guy is supposed to be a Marxist, and now he is talking about either a) Kings or b) Elvis. The last few cut and paste's he passed off as 'posts' were underwhelming, and the last time he tried to introduce a 'new feature' ('Quote me happy') it was distinctly unimpressive. When is he going to post something semi-original again? Or more to the point, when is he going to post something vaguely to do with er, historical materialism?'

But, the way I see it, if I want to talk about Dead Kings of England on this blog instead of discussing EP Thompson's brilliant critique of Althusser in The Poverty of Theory, then I can do that, right? Right. Okay.

What this new feature will try to do is to simply record the dates that Kings of England died, on the anniversary of the date that they died, so people can have the opportunity to comment on what they thought about this or that dead ruler of England. I apologise for the Anglo-centric bias in advance. I also apologise for posting when pissed.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 7:08 pm, Blogger Ed said...

If you ask me, I wouldn't worry about cut and paste jobs, or non-high theory type posts. It's probably obvious from my blog that I don't actually!

I think the cut and paste posts bloggers write when struck by something in the newspapers and the quick spur of the moment jobs are usually much more readable than the posts you know the blogger has spent days mulling over. In fact I think that some of the most high-falutin' high theory blogs out there (I won't name names) are often insufferably dull. They may or may not be very good, but I can't be arsed to read most of what they write. But then I am notoriously lazy.

So anyway, what I mean is that I'd be interested to follow your dead king watch thing. In fact the more dead kings the better.

 
At 8:54 pm, Blogger Snowball said...

Cheers ed - James II is next in line I think...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home